GS Web Architecture Updates
The Technology team has been working tirelessly on one of the largest projects for KORE TRAX. The overhaul of the infrastructure that KORE TRAX was built on is now complete. The changes implemented and tested successfully enables us to deploy the new infrastructure company-wide. At present, we have added over 600 users to the new GS WEB TRAX platform across Ontario, Boston, Texas, New York and Chicago. Another great success story for the evolution of TRAX!
What does the new infrastructure mean to the user? The GS Web update will:
- Remove latency issues experienced during heavy traffic times (current GS Web users all agree the slowdown has ceased)
- Allow users to scroll through a list, as opposed to pressing buttons to go next/previous page
- Provide improved, consistent user experience. Users are no longer sharing web resources, and therefore we expect the performance will be consistent as we are sharing one large pool of web servers, rather than several small pools to which each user is assigned
UI Design Changes
With the GS Web changes, the KORE TRAX team has simplified the software architecture, supporting the ability to have richer interactions on application pages. Some examples of this include:
- The addition of multi-level expanded tables in ‘Contracts and Changes’
- The ability to have richer popups with greater information density, and actions
- New user interfaces now fit better on a web page, rather than having fixed sizes
Specifically, in this update we made significant changes in the ‘Contract and Changes’ tab. By streamlining the design, this section now supports more functionality on one screen. Several menu items on the left navigation pane have been eliminated, and functionality is moved to a single screen to enhance the user experience. The expanding and collapsing functionality ensures the user can manage most of the functionality in a one-stop shop page, as seen below.
The accounting functionality has been enhanced in TRAX, and now features the ability to print cheques out of TRAX for accounting purposes. This improvement enables us to move this critical accounting functionality from a 3rd party plug-in into the TRAX system.
In addition, we have updated the accounting system to provide a fully integrated accounting solution with added features:
- New filters
- Enhancement to accommodate discounts on A/P and recalculation logic
- Changes to accounting configuration to support accounting period match to transaction period
- Ability to write-off small discrepancies during payment entry for Accounts Receivable invoices
- Streamline of the Positive Pay file flow to support the cheque printing function